Over the years, I’ve gathered odds and ends of broken costume jewelry, chains, etc. (not Mr. Kate pieces of course!) thinking that’d I’d do something with them. I used some broken jewelry on the DIY Upcycled Jewelry 3D Letter project from a couple years ago. I like the idea of mixed media – adding metal to fabric, etc. and after the Oscars showed off some decadent clutches on the red carpet, I thought up this DIY Broken Chain Clutch using broken chains and a plain black clutch from the Salvation Army!
- A clutch (I got this black one from a Salvation Army for $4)
- Broken Chains (if you don’t own any, these are more items you can get at a local thrift store as well)
- Play around with the placement of your chains without the glue, just to get a sense of what design you want to acheive because once you glue, there’s no going back!
- Add a patch of the e6000 glue, start small, you can always add more and drizzle your chain over the wet glue.
- Repeat with your other chain pieces on other areas of your purse
- Let dry and clutch it!