Rebecca Asks: Hi Mr. Kate! I trust you utterly and completely and would love to know your favourites (movies, books, pick-me-ups, cities) so I can experience them too! Also, I think you are plain awesome!
My Answer: Hi Rebecca! Thank you! I am truly honored that you trust me. I have a lot of things that I favor but here are a few that are my right-now faves. Watch the video above to see why! …and you’re awesome too!
- I have always loved books and even before I could read I enjoyed being read to and apparently I still do! Since I don’t have a ton of time to sit down and read, listening to books is a great way to get the same enjoyment while driving, walking, doing chores, working out, etc! Go to Audible.com/themrkate to sign up for a special free 30 day trial with a free book download. There are soooo many books to choose from. The book I’m listening to right now is The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty. It’s emotionally suspensful and the characters are totally intregueing – I highly recommend! What are your favorite books these days?
- The irobot Roomba has been a fave for a few months. The Roomba is a low profile, robot vacuum that roams around your house cleaning while you do, errrr, whatever the heck you want, besides vacuuming! I have Roomba programmed to go on every day and clean for an hour. It then parks itself back on the charger. It knows where stairs are, etc. and is perfect for people with pets! Shoes also seen here.
- My new favorite mascara It’s So Big by Elizabeth Mott I found by reading reviews on Amazon in search of the “best” mascara… and I love it! It really lengthens your lashes and won’t smudge under your eye. It’s easy to remove and layers wonderfully.
- Cardio Barre or the Cardio Barre DVD’S has been my favorite workout for years! I love that it’s low impact, works your whole body and emphasizes creating long lean muscles. I go to group classes at the Cardio Barre Beverly Hills about 3 days a week. You don’t have to be a dancer to do it and I really notice a difference in my muscle tone, energy and flexibility when I do Cardio Barre. The DVDs are great if you don’t have a location near you or want to do it while you travel.
- Joey gave me The Happiness Project, One-Sentence Journal by Gretchen Rubin and I love using it once a day to write down something positive. I like that it’s an easy to keep journal with the aim of finding something happy about your day… it’s all about perspective! A happiness journal is very DIYable too; just take a regular journal and write a short blurb every day about what made you smile.
I hope you get to try out some or all of these faves. Chime in and let me know what are your favorite things!