It’s our 7 year anniversary (woah) and we decided the best way to celebrate would be in our own backyard! But where to eat? Under the pergola, of course, which I have been itching to get spruced! All it took was some elbow grease aka a power washer and pretty decor by way of an outdoor rug, potted plants, outdoor curtains, a table and chairs, globe string lights, hurricane lanterns, Buddha fountain, homemade sangria (recipe below) and a DIY outdoor fabric table runner to make our own little outdoor sanctuary! What do you think?
See all of the OMG We Bought A House series here!
Getting mic-ed up!
Red Clove Summer Sangria
- roughly cut fresh fruit and berries (oranges, limes, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and peaches!)
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup tripple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- a sploosh of sparkling water – to taste
- agave syrup – to taste
- cloves – a sprinkle of cloves
- Add all your ingredients to a decanter or pitcher and let sit for an hour or so to really let those juices mix and mingle.
Our director and videographer Brad Etter, working hard to get the perrrrfect shot!
All finished! And now, it’s time to eat! Love you Joey!
Please comment and let us know what you think and if you have any questions! xo