You know when your shoes look up at you and silently say “Damn girl (or guy), you look good (wink)!”? Well, inspired by those moments here are some DIY Wink Shoes with an (optional) glitter eye…this is a great way to update last Summer’s old flats.
With a couple of paint strokes and some glitter, you’ll have some flirtatious feet! If winky shoes just aren’t your thing, take a look at these ‘DIY Upcycled Sneakers‘!
- a pair of flats
- acrylic or fabric paint
- Mod Podge
- masking tape
- scissors (small ones are a little easier)
- a fine paint brush
- larger paint brush
- a paper plate
- Cut two half oval shapes out of the sides of two pieces of tape and fit them together creating and almond eye shape on the top of your shoes where you want the open eye. Use a small circle of tape in the center as the pupil.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the open eye area between the tape and sprinkle glitter to stick to the wet glue. Tip: this step is optional, if you don’t want to use glitter use your paint color in the eye space instead of mod podge and glitter.
- Let the glitter Mod Podge dry and then seal in the glitter with another coat over top – it will dry clear!
- Use your acrylic paint to draw your lash line – basically an S shape with lashes coming off – you may want to do two coats of paint.
- Let dry and woah, those winks were made for walkin’!
What do you think? Please comment and let me know if you do this project! If you post your photo #mrkate! xx