As some of you know, Joey used to be the drummer for The Click Five. So, naturally, he has a lot of used drum sticks lying around that I decided were begging to be used in a DIY project! Because he can drum at the speed of a flying arrow, I thought it appropirate to honor that by turning his old sticks into decorative arrows you can hang on your wall or arrange in a vase on your mantle, etc! And now, drumroll please…
- masking tape
- a paint brush
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- acrylic paint
- painters palette
- artificial sinew
- Tape off the tips of your drumsticks (this part will be the arrows) so they’re all relatively the same length.
- Tape off the remainder of the drumstick in any way you choose. Get creative! I chose to do a spiral, triangles and stripes.
- Paint your drumsticks. Tip: I painted all the drumstick tips the same color to really give it an arrow feel but I used different colors to paint the body of the arrow.
- Hot glue feathers to the ends of your drumsticks.
- Wrap the ends of your feathers (to cover the glue) and near the tip of your “arrows” with artificial sinew. Leave different length ties and tails for a more authentic look. (tip: if you put a dab of hot glue when you start wrapping your drumstick it will keep the sinew in place and prevent it from sliding.)
- Display your new arrows and make sure to send me a picture. #mrkate! xx