Packing for a trip is half the fun… at least I think so. For our funnymoon (honeymoon) to Bora Bora – see our travel diary video and pics here – I packed for tropical weather and had a variety of pieces, bathing suits, lightweight scarves, sandals and accessories to mix and match for lounging in the sun outfits, walking around town and going out to dinner outfits. Here is a compliation of some of the OOTDs (outfit of the day) moments I had while away on our tropical getaway!
- I love bringing lightweight scarves to wrap around my head over sea tousled hair or wear at night for warmth. See more head scarf inspiration and how-to here.
- Daytime Swim, Sun and Lunch Outfit // The Deets – Scarf: Target, Shorts: similar here, Fringe Bikini: Free People, Pointy-toed Sandals: Urban, Sunglasses: Express Mr. Kate BeautyMarks in Silver, Lancome Waterproof Mascara and Mr. Kate Finx Cuff in rose gold.
- Dressy but Tropical Night Out Outfit // The Deets – Dress: similar here, Bra: Free People, Heels: Prada, Hair bow: similar here – or see how to DIY your own here, Hologram Clutch: similar here, Mr. Kate Alicorn Horn Necklace, Hair/Body Oil: Leonor Greyl, Lip Gloss: Kevin Aucoin, Natural Bug Repellant: Mighty Shield Bug Repelling Lotion.
- Flirty/Casual Dinner Outfit // The Deets – Dress: Free People, Shoes: Isabel Marant, Short Sleeve Sweater: similar here, Mr. Kate Shorti Saber Necklace
- Read-While-Swimming and Walk About Town Outfit // The Deets: Hat: Free People, Gauze Tunic Dress: Free People, Sandals: similar here Bikini: Mara Hoffman, Waterproof Kindle Case: Atlas cases, Sunglasses: Forever 21, Layered Necklaces: Mr. Kate Saber Necklaces
- Casual Dinner Gauze Romper: Free People
- Handmade African Beaded Sandals – similar here
- And of course, nails! See more nail art inspiration here.
I hope these outfits inspired you for your upcoming tropical getaways. Comment and let me know which one is your fave! xx