Our first guest on DIWhyNot is my favorite Japanese nail artist Amie Morimoto (instagram @amie_morimoto). She is my go-to pro nail artist whenever I want a pro manicure or just something extra artistic and in this episode she shows us all how to do super easy and chic tweed nail art and bonus V french tips! Tweed is a textured fabric that is perfect for fall and winter to keep you warm and stylish so hopefully these nails will do the same!
If you try out these DIY Tweed Nails or V French Tip, make sure you #mrkate if you post a pic so I can check out YOUR handy work! @mrkatedotcom Insta and Twitter
DO IT! Tweed Nails:
- Paint a base coat of white polish and let dry.
- Using the tiny pointed brush and black polish paint short vertical and horizontal lines over your white base coat. Basically mimicking imperfectly painted hashtags #. Let dry.
- Repeat step 2 using a grey color (mix the black and white polish) and create more vertical and horizontal stripes but do less than you did with the black polish. Let dry.
- Repeat the hashtag lines one last time using white polish but just do a few here and there creating the final highlight. Let dry
- Seal design with a clear topcoat
DO IT! V French Tip:
- For the V french tips, use the slanted brush and black nail polish (or color of your choice) to achieve the V shape. Do two coats of color. Let dry
- Seal with a clear top coat.