Hahaa potty humor! Gotta love it, especially when it is subtle, written in cursive and framed in beautifully patterned frames on the walls of an adorable bathroom! That’s exactly what we get into DIY-style in this episode of our Mister Sister mini series featuring the decoration of my sister Tess’s rental apartment. See below for more on the potty humor DIY art.
Joey put Tess’s bed together which is a glamorous white with nail head embellishment while Tess and I decorated the bathroom.
Decorating items we used in the bathroom:
- Bed: white with nail heads
- A bold black and white striped shower curtain to compliment the black and white bathroom tile
- Don’t forget a shower curtain liner to protect from mildew.
- I like hanging shower curtains with the ring hooks that have the little balls for easy sliding on the shower rod
- Balloon curtain for the window
- A natural wicker basket as the hamper in the corner for towels and laundry
- An petite wall cabinet for extra storage – since Tess only has the slim medicine cabinet
- Glass jars and a silver tray for cotton pads and q-tips
- White bath mat and fluffy towels
- Black washcloths for makeup removal – don’t grime up those white towels!
- Pretty patterned frames for the DIY Potty Humor art!
- White credenza: similar here
- Black and white diamond pattern bombe chest: similar style here that would just need some DIY black diamond shapes painted on!
If you missed Mister Sister Episode 1: Apartment Tour, watch it here!
The bathroom before…
DIY Potty Humor Art
- Cut your poster board to fit into your frame.
- Come up with your subtly gross, potty humor saying or phrase and write it in cursive on your poster board. We did: “I C U P,” “If it’s yellow, let it mellow” and “Thanks for dropping by” – other funny ones could be “Oui Oui!” or “Did you have asparagus for lunch?”
- Insert into your frame and hang in your bathroom!
What do you think!? We’d love to hear from you! Please comment below and share your thoughts. Thank you! xo