Hi Wonderful Weirdos! So as you know, I love to share with you all of the creative projects I’m working on and the latest one is the interior design for the new Mr. Kate office space! I just made some time on my/our schedule to start brainstorming and shopping for this new space we recently moved to and I created this preliminary moodboard to start mapping out the vibe and finding items to shop to fill the space (full shopping list below)! Moodboards help me so much to jumpstart the interior design process. I usually use Photoshop to compile these boards but Pinterest is a great way to map out ideas as well.
Design: I want to go for cozy but functional and make sure that it is a classic and clean enough design that I don’t get sick of it too soon… because we do work 8 to 10 to 14 hour days in this space! Rugs are an easy way to bring in pattern and color. I want a rustic wood/industrial work table for us to do DIY projects on and also for eating and meetings. I also want to create a conversation/lounge/meeting area with a couch, coffee table and two accent chairs. The lighting will be a mix of classy brass and chandeliers to bring in some glitz. Stay tuned to see how the journey begins and how it all turns out!
Shop This Moodboard:
- Desk: Reclaimed wood / steel desk
- Crystal chandelier: Antique Parisian style chandelier
- Metal Chandelier: Satin brass chandelier with shades
- Accent chairs: Hand carved Maharaja chair
- Buffet: Black Chateau cabinet
- Couch: Clean lines tufted Chesterfield sofa
- Coffee table: Wire base, glass top coffee table
- Rugs: Red base Persian Rugs
- Accent Lamp: The Mr. Kate for Lamps Plus lampshade on clear apothecary base to bring in hand drawn, black and white pattern!