I love these little dead guys! These Mini Mummies are really fun and easy to make and can go anywhere to add a subtle and cute creepiness to your interior space around Halloween… you could even use a variation of this technique on yourself for a mummy costume.
For more Halloween decor ideas see DIY Halloween Color Palette Pumpkins
- wood manikin
- glue gun
- glue gun sticks
- card stock
- fabric scissors
- black tea or coffee – optional to stain the muslin
- Begin a thin cut in your muslin and finish the strip by tearing all the way through. Continue doing this until you have plenty of thin strips to cover your mini manikins.
- Optional: Soak your muslin strips in a bucket with dark tea or coffe for a few hours to give them an aged stain. Rinse and let dry.
- Now you’re ready to wrap up your mummy! Start each wrap with a little dot of hot glue to secure the muslin in place. You’ll also want to finish each strip with another dollop. Continue wrapping until your entire manikin is covered. Tip: Criss cross some pieces around the torso of your manikin for better coverage… kind of like a halter top wrap around the neck and under the arms. I also chose to leave a few ends hanging down to make them look more rustic.
- For an extra, humorous touch, use your card stock to cut out a little sign for your mummies. I wrote ” Mummy, I’m home”! Feel free to use this or share your own witty mummy phrase!