Handmade gifts are always fun and meaningful to give so I set out to make 3 DIY Holiday Gifts that will work for lots of people on your list! The DIY Vanilla Bean Infused Body Oil is geat for anyone who likes to be pampered, the DIY Faux Fur Winter Wrap is perfect for all those fashionistas on your list and the DIY BeautyMarks Embellished Decorative Objects are great for so many people depending on what you choose to embellish!
Get the how-to for these 3 DIYs below!
DIY BeautyMarks Embellished Decorative Objects
- Ceramics or faux animal skulls – Here are links for the ones I used: large cow skull, medium, & teeny tiny. Ceramics: bowl, vase, large vase, & little frog
- Mr. Kate BeautyMarks in whatever color / metallic color you like
- paper towels
- spray sealant
- Make sure the surface you are going to BeautyMarks is clean and dry before starting.
- Cut out the BeautyMarks design you like and take the plastic off before you place it face down on the area you want to transfer.
- Use a wet paper towel to throughly dampen the back of the BeautyMarks paper, hold for 15-20 seconds and peel the paper off to reveal the design now on your object!
- Use the spray sealant once you are finished to secure your art for a long life
- Bone Heel Platforms from Ebay!
DIY No-Sew Faux Fur Winter Wrap
- Cut your piece of faux fur. I used 1 yard (36″) of a 60″ wide bolt. The piece I started with was 36″ x 60″ but you could make it slimmer than 36″ if you want a more narrow wrap and shorter than 60 if you don’t want it to wrap as far around. Keep in mind that you will be folding it in half lengthwise so that the faux fur is on the outside and inside.
- Hot glue down a 1.5″ to 2″ hem on each edge of the 36″ long sides – these will create a finished look to each end of your wrap.
- Lay your fabric piece flat with the fur size down and fold the long edged in towards the center of the raw side of the fabric. Basically like you’re folding a burrito. Glue this down in place and create a clean finish by folding whatever flap is on top under a couple inches creating another 1.5″ to 2″ hem. Keep gluing until you feel all sides are secure.
- Now you have your finished long rectangle and you could leave it like this or add a hook and eye closure.
- To add the closure, wrap the shawl around your shoulders (or the person you’re gifting it to) and mark with a pin where you want to sew the hook to the underside of one flap and the eye to the top side of the other flap so they line up. I sewed mine up towards the top of my wrap to that it wouldn’t fold over.
- Sew the hook and eye on through the loops using your needle and thread and done!
Lovely smelling candle from By Rosie Jane
Vanilla Bean Infused Body Oil
- coconut oil
- or sesame oil
- or jojoba oil
- vanilla beans – find at the grocery store in the spice isle
- vintage (looking) glass bottles with corks
- basting syringe or funnel
- gold beads
- kraft paper
- Cut a piece of vanilla bean and push it inside the apothecary bottle.
- Fill up your bottle with 1/3 coconut oil, 1/3 jojoba oil, and 1/3 sunflower seed oil – this ratio is up to you, you could use all of just one oil if you want.
- Cork or cap your bottle and add a handmade tag tied on with some twine!
- Use this oil after a shower or bath or throughout the winter to refresh dry skin! The longer you let the vanilla bean sit the better the oil will smell!
For the fellow or bearded shavin’ lady on your list, Harry’s is also an awesome gift idea! Send a shave kit directly to their door. I love the razor, it feel vintage and sleek.
I hope you enjoy these DIY holiday gifts and let me know if you make any for your loved ones this season! xo