An adorable box of chocolates made out of a match box! You can use drugstore candy disguised as fancy with the bon bon liners or use artesian or homemade chocolates for an even more personal touch. Watch the video of this DIY in DIWhyNot: Valentine’s Gifts.
For a DIY Valentine’s card, check out ‘DIY Ring My Belloon Valentine’s Card‘
- large match box
- decorative paper
- sponge brush
- Mod Podge
- hole punch
- decorative ribbon
- candy cup liners
- Use your matchbox to measure a piece of paper to cover the outer square tube part of the box and two rectangles to fit the front of the drawer part of the box and cut them out.
- Crease the larger piece of paper to cover the outside of the box at each corner.
- Use your sponge brush to apply a coat of mod podge to the cardboard box and lay the paper over. Paint another layer of glue over the top of the paper – it will dry clear. Repeat with the two rectangles to cover the front of the drawers.
- Hole punch two holes on one end of the matchbox drawer and feed your ribbon through, tying a knot on the inside to create a loop tab as a drawer pull.
- Place your chocolates in the candy liners and nestle them in your new, homemade chocolate box!