Claudia Asks: “Hello I have a real problem that needs some guidance. I am currently 30 yrs old and pregnant due in April. I like to think I dress classic but with flair. I love colors and patterns. I work in a professional setting and spend close to 10 hours here. On my days off (right now I wear what fits) So my question/issue is what will I wear when I have the baby? I mean who can I be? I will be 30, new mom and i hope to lose some weight along the process. How can i update myself to fit my new role with out being old? I dont think I have bought a perfect pair of jeans in Forever. I feel lost. Can you help?”
My Answer: Congratulations on becoming a mother! What an amazing journey you’re about to embark on! Becoming a mother is an amazing gift that will be part of you but not define all of you. Don’t let becoming a mom change you but evolve you. Your little human is going to want you to be you and it will be a wonderful gift to them if you love yourself in the process. Your first thought shouldn’t be “how does a 30 year old mom dress?” Or “What would a mother wear?” but “what do I want to wear today?” There are no rules except one: Feel happy about your style, let it lift your spirits.
Don’t take my word for it though, there are TONS of stylish, funky moms out there and I made a board devoted to some of my favorite looks of theirs taken directly from their Instagrams! (hover your curser over any of the photos above to see the captions and click through to see the image larger or follow the stylish moms on their Instagrams from the links below!) I hope you get inspired! XO!
For more kick ass mom inspo, check out: ‘Moms Cultivating Creativity‘
Moms featured above:
- Jennifer Fisher instagram.com/jfisherjewelry – A fantastic jewelry designer and very bold with her style. Love her urban flair meets 70’s vibes. Check her out in the overalls above!
- Monica Rose instagram.com/monicarosestyle – Stylist to the stars including the Kardashians and Giuliana Rancic. Her style is effortlessly chic with skinny jeans, leather jackets and giant sunglasses.
- Mara Hoffman instagram.com/marahoffman – A true free spirit and amazing designer of prints galore. Her style shows that psychedelic hippie chic works for any age in any era.
- Hannah Henderson instagram.com/hannahmas – I’m unabashedly obsessed with this hot mama. She has her own store in San Fran and Venice CA called The General Store and has the best style! I love her super worn in jeans above (with the heart patch) and her children are equally as effortlessly gorgeous. Prepare to go down an Instagram hole when you view her profile.
- Drew Barrymore instagram.com/drewbarrymore – She was a style icon when she was young and now that she’s a mom in her 40s she’s still expressing her fun, colorful and irreverent sense of style.
- Molly Guy instagram.com/stonefoxbride – Molly runs her own bridal business Stone Fox Bride that caters to the nontraditional bride and her chill approach to style will get anyone inspired.
- Sunrise Coigney instagram.com/markruffalo – So yeah she’s Mark Ruffalo’s wife but her amazing style is all her own!
- Shiva Rose instagram.com/localrose – Her style is vintage and very feminine and she also runs the holistic living blog The Local Rose.
- Cynthia Rowley instagram.com/cynthia_rowley – I love this designer’s quirky style. You sometimes see her in dork glasses and oversized sweaters and other times in a babydoll dress. She proves you can always have fun with style.
- Judy Aldridge instagram.com/atlantishome – The mother of Sea of Shoes blogger Jane Aldridge, Judy knows how to keep it classy while playing with prints and vintage pieces. A great inspiration for business-chic outfits.