Didn’t think to look in the ‘D’ for the Leprechaun’s stash of gold now did ya? This is a great outside-the-box and chic route to decorate for St. Patricks day but I also think this 3D art would be fantastic installed on your wall all year round!
For another DIY St. Patty’s Day idea, check out ‘DIY What Are These, Props For A Leprechaun?‘
- wood letters
- matte black paint (or paint color of your choice for the letters)
- oversized gold confetti
- paint brush
- clear mounting squares
- picture hanging strips
- Paint your letters whatever color (I used black) and let dry. They might need two coats.
- Use the velcro strips to hang your letters. Remember to leave your ‘D’ a little off kilter so the gold confetti can look like it’s pouring out.
- Square mount the gold glitter to the wall, I cut the squares in half because they are bigger than necessary. Arrange them falling down to a pile of stuck on confetti at the bottom. Depending on the size of your letters and height of your wall you may want to make the pile of gold bigger or smaller.
- Enjoy your artsy installation!
What do you think of this project? How would you DO IT? xo