We’ve got a batch of good eggs here at the Mr. Kate office so in honor of our golden brood we made some DIY Gilded Good Eggs! I bet you have some friends and/or family members that are worthy of getting their mug decoupaged on paper maché eggs!
For another Easter DIY, check out ‘DIWhyNot: Whimsical DIY Easter Decor‘
- Lasrer printed photos that will fit on your eggs (it’s important that they’re laser printed so the ink won’t run!)
- paper mache eggs
- white spray paint
- Mod Podge
- spray adhesive
- imitation gold leaf
- sponge brush
- a bowl of water
- Spray paint the eggs white and let dry.
- Spray the eggs with spray adhesive and tap pieces of the gold leaf onto the adhesive and let dry. (You can stop here if you like! They’re so pretty as gold speckled eggs!
- Cut out your pictures
- Dip the pictures in water before Mod Podging them onto the eggs, this will make them a little more flexible to mold around the egg curves.
- Paint the Mod Podge over the egg, lay the photo down and paint more Mod Podge over the top – don’t worry, it dries clear!
- Display your good eggs in a basket with straw or wherever you like!