This is a video and post I’ve been meaning to do for so long because so many of you have been asking how I keep my skin clear. My skin is not without flaws and if you watch the video above you’ll hear about my journey taking Accutane in my early twenties and other acne control systems I’ve used. Now I deal with combination skin, dry patches, blackheads and aging skin (wrinkles). I truly believe that your skin is heavily affected by hormone imbalances that are triggered by lifestyle or diet stresses. Here are my favorite, tried and true products that I use to keep my skin clean, clear, moisturized, soft, supple and healthy!
Cleanse & Exfoliate
- I used the Solvere (3 step) system to get my breakouts under control and this is a great system for people with sensitive skin.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash I use morning and night to cleanse and exfoliate – 2% salicylic acid
- Clarisonic brush – I use on my nose to prep for the Retin A, otherwise the salicylic acid is enough of an exfoliator for me
- Burt’s Bees Acne Solutions Cleanser – a natural option with salicylic acid
Breakouts, Blackheads & Wrinkles
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a retinol treatment that will clear blackheads and smooth wrinkles by encouraging the skin to shed and rebuild.
- Prescription Tretin X Tretinoin 0.0375% cream is a high does retin A cream that helps me with the stubborn blackheads on my nose. Ask your dermatologist if it will work for you.
- Proactiv or Solvere Spot Treatment (not pictured) I use on active breakouts to dry them and prevent infection.
- Burt’s Bees Acne Solutions Spot Treatment – a natural spot treatment for active pimples.
- Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream is my all time favorite, all natural cream for day or night
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil will balance or skin and help it not over-produce oil! Smear it in your hair and scalp too!
- Tea Tree Oil (not pictured) add it to the coconut oil for an extra anti-bacterial
Inner Skin Care & Supplements
- WATER! Can’t say enough about drinking lots of water to keep skin supple and flush out toxins. I love my Ello Glass Water Bottle!
- Aloe Vera Juice – a couple swigs a day, I use only the inner fillet
- Super Collagen (not pictured but in video) I mix a scoop with water every day to keep skin and hair healthy and elastic.
Daytime Moisturizer, Primer & Foundation
- Glossier. Priming Moisturizer great for under makeup
- Givenchy Photo’Perfexion Fluid Foundation with SPF 20 – amazing, lightweight, medium coverage foundation
- Glossier Perfecting Tint – super light and easy to blend, every day tinted base
- Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation – matte finish but still light and won’t clog your pores
Sunscreen & Finishing Spray
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist the refreshing rosewater scent gives you a dewy glow
- June Jacobs Spa Collection Sun Amour Day Sheild a paraban free SPF 15 daily sunscreen
Please comment with any questions and let us know your favorite clear skin tips!