Hola! It’s time to think about your Cinco De Mayo decor! We had so much fun making these party pennants in the Mr. Kate office because we all got to pose with mustaches, a sombrero and maracas which of course led to some goofy pics. How cute would this be with pets too!?
For an awesome Cinco Dy Mayo cocktail, check out ‘DIY Cocktail: ‘Ai Yi YI’ Mescal, Pineapple and Red Chile‘
- a camera – the one on your phone would work too!
- photoshop (if you don’t have photoshop you can just use your phone and get an app with a triangle border option like Afterlight or Photo Wonder!) or you could just cut the photos in a triangle shape.
- a printer
- maracas or whatever other party favor
- colorful backdrop (optional)
- glue stick
- hot glue gun
- construction paper
- Draw over-sized, cartoony mustaches on construction paper. Cut them out.
- Have a photoshoot of you and your friends posing with the sombrero, maracas, and mustaches! The sillier the better!
- Edit your photos in photoshop or with a phone app that has triangular borders or just print them large and cut each one in a triangle shape – Make a template so all the triangles are the same size.
- Print your photos!
- Use the glue stick to glue the photos onto the poster board/card stock and cut them out – this will make the pennant flags stronger.
- Hot glue the twine to the back of the pennants and hang up your party pennants using thumb tacks or tape. Have a fun fiesta!