Obviously I love jewelry because heck, I make my own! But I also love jewelry houses, otherwise known as jewelry boxes! This raw wood and glass jewelry box I found very inexpensive at the crafts store and with just a little stain and gold, it’s fit for a cool queen! Would also make a great DIY Mother’s Day gift!
For another jewelry box DIY, check out ‘DIY Cigar Box and Burlap Jewelry Organizer‘
If you like the look of reclaimed wood, make your own: ‘DIY Reclaimed (Looking) Wood‘
- unfinished wood box
- painter’s tape
- ‘Aged Oak’ gel stain
- rubber gloves
- liquid gold leaf
- paint brush
- Cover any glass or clasps on your jewelry box with painter’s tape.
- Dip the rag into the gel stain and rub the raw wood with it until all the wood is stained. Let dry.
- Tape off the diagonal section for gold leafing – we chose to do the corners of the box.
- Paint on the liquid gold leaf and let dry. Do two coats for extra luster.
- Remove the tape and enjoy!