An easy DIY that makes a big sculptural impact on a space!
Want to watch the video this DIY was featured in? Check it out, ‘OMG We Bought A House! S2 Ep3: The Master’s Bedroom!‘
- wood pieces
- birch branch
- white spray paint primer
- looking glass or silver spray paint
- painter’s tape
- screw hooks
- tape measure
- mounting brackets
- Tape off the sides of your wood pieces to protect the bark from the paint.
- Spray the tops of the wood pieces, that you want to display, with the primer. Let dry.
- Spray over the primer with the metallic spray paint. Let dry.
- Remove the tape.
- Plan out your installation by laying the wood pieces under your branch to your liking. Once you’re happy with your layout you can either mark where you want to drill your holes into your branch by eyeing it, or you can measure even spaces with a ruler.
- Once your branch is marked, drill your holes using a drill bit slightly thinner than your hook screws.
- Screw in your hook screws into the branch (by hand).
- Drill your holes into the wood pieces. (Note: the bottom pieces are only going to need one hole where as the pieces that hang in the middle need a hole in the bottom and top)
- Screw the screw hooks into the wood pieces by hand.
- Using the mounting brackets, mount the branch onto the wall.
- Loop the wood pieces onto the hooks on your mounted branch until your installation is complete!