I feel like the most fun thing about Summer is getting to enjoy the warm weather with a meal outdoors! I have so many fond memories of balmy summer nights filled with yummy food and friends so I put together this moodboard to get inspired for more of those nights to come!
My Eating Outdoors Decorating Tips:
- Bring cozy items like beautiful throw blankets or pillows outside. Place them on the grass, sand, porch or over the chairs to add an indoors-out vibe which always makes a space feel more lux yet approachable.
- Get creative with your eating arrangement. I love the idea of stacked wood pallets or a coffee table or low table with blankets and pillows or Moroccan poufs instead of chairs (see inspo photos above).
- A rug – if you can bring a rug outside, do! It will anchor your table or eating area and make for better lounging. Shop inexpensive vintage rugs at flea markets that you won’t mind getting a little dirty in the great outdoors.
- A centerpiece(s) can really anchor a table and they don’t have to be crazy. Try sliced lemons inside a vase with waters and one-color flowers (see photo above) or potted cactus for a fun desert vibe.
- Lighting! Twinkle lights, paper lanterns or bulbs on cords can add so much magic to an outdoor dining space. Buy a long extension cord with a multi-plug splitter and run it outside to power the lights! Or there are also battery operated twinkle lights.
- Do a fun tasting set-up like different kinds of olives and infused olive oil with crusty bread (for dipping) for an easy-prep but fancy fun food appetizer!
For more outdoor inspo check out, ‘Design Inspo: Outdoor Rooms‘.