For another fun summer DIY, check out ‘DIY Coffee Pot Succulent Terrarium‘
- a wood board (mine was 3′ x 3′)
- black and white outdoor spray paint
- painter’s tape
- rocks and/or crystals
- Spray paint the board completely black. Let dry.
- Measure and mark your board so that there are 8 rows of 8 squares. If your board is 3′ x 3′ like mine, each square will be 4.5″ x 4.5″.
- Tape off half the squares in a checkerboard pattern, to protect the black paint!
- Spray paint the rest of the board white. Let dry. (TIP: If your white paint seeped under the painters tape, use a black permanent marker to touch up the edges of the black squares!)
- Remove the tape and enjoy your game of checkers! (TIP: Divide the crystals into two piles, one for light crystals, and one for dark crystals. One player will be dark, and one player will be light. To king the players, stack your stones!)