Hannah Asks: Hey Kate! Recently, I bought a black lacey brallete after months of trying to find one that fit. The problem is, I have no idea how to style it. Help me!
Karolin Asks: Hi Kate! I reeally need your help here. So, summer is here with full force but my question is how to stay stylish if it is super hot outside? A tank top, shorts and flip flops is kind of boring so maybe you have some outfit ideas on how to make summer outfits still stylish?
My Answer: Hi Ladies! I totally feel you. A. Bralettes are sometimes hard to style if you’re not used to letting your bra show and B. Hot weather outfits can be challenging when all you want to wear are ice packs!
I made the inspiration board above with loads of ideas on how to style cute warm weather outfits incorporating a cute bra or bralette. Hover over the images to read my captions and click through to the Pinterest board to view the images larger.
Here are some tips/tricks for hot weather bralette outfits:
- Deep v-necks are your friend! All those tops that are too low cut are now an option when you want to show off your cute bralette. Same goes for sheer tops! Let that bra show!
- Backless or low back tops are a great opportunity to stay cool and show off some beautiful bralette straps. Get some with intricate straps like this one from Free People which I have and love.
- A pretty bralette can funk up a simple jean shorts and tank top look. Let it peek out and wear a wide brimmed hat for a laid back boho look.
- Wear the bralette as an actual top with a light shawl, plaid shirt or vest over it. I like to wear a high waisted skirt or shorts if I’m wearing a short top so my entire stomach isn’t exposed.
- Get funky and stay super cool in hot weather by wearing a bralette with overalls! #whynot
For more summer inspo, check out ‘Bikini + Cover-Up Two Ways‘