I’m a child of the 90’s so I used to love hair wraps… do you guys remember those? I used to DIY them in my friends’ hair using embroidery thread and sometimes beads. In honor of fun hair DIYs I gave myself a combo hair wrap meets braid meets hair chalk for a fun summer accessory!
For more tips on chalking your hair, check out ‘DIY Colorful Pastel Chalk Tips Hair Tutorial‘
- If using the hair chalk, prep the hair you want to braid by rubbing the hair chalk over it until it turns the desired color. Tip: go with the hair to avoid damaging and if you have dark hair, wetting your hair or the chalk will make the pigment stronger.
- Pick out the word or phrase you want to use in your braid.
- Option 1: Braid the letters into the braid by starting the braid and inserting a bead every couple hair overlaps to secure the beads within the braid – Tip: wet the ends of your hair for easier insertion through the hole of the bead. Seal the braid with a small, clear elastic.
- Optoin 2: Braid a thin braid and insert the entire braid into the holes of the bead and seal with a clear elastic. If you want the beads to stay higher up on the braid, use a second elastic wrapped around the entire braid beneath the beads to act as a stopper.
- Re-chalk your braid if some color came off while braiding.
- Rock that shizzz.