Back-to-school / back-to-fall work schedule is meeeeh but re-vamping your old wardrobe and prepping your supplies can be fun and DIYable! Here are my top 11 picks for the best DIYs for your closet and book bags!
For some back-to-school/Fall outfit styling, check out ‘Back to School/Fall Styling‘
1. DIY Embroidered notebooks! How Did You Make This walks you through the super easy process to jazzing up a plain notebook with some beautiful embroidery.
2. These DIY Donut Bulletin Board by Paint the Gown Red are delicious and adorable! I might actually want to do my to-dos if they were pinned on a doughnut!
3. Want new school shoes but have too many shoes already? Update an old pair of sneakers with snakeskin print! Check out Mr. Kate’s DIWhyNot: DIY Snakeskin Sneakers for the easy tutorial.
4. Momtastic’s DIY Color Dipped Pencils is an EASY way to bring some flair to an old no. 2! You could also dip the eraser end, just tape off the eraser with masking tape to avoid getting it paint-y upon dippage.
5. Hands Occupied did an amazing job with this DIY Pencil Clutch which I think would make a very meta pencil/pen case for your school/job.
6. Keep your tablet safe in a DIY Book Purse! Thanks Cosmo Cricket for this rad DIY! I just got an iPad Mini and I think I need to make myself a book case for it!
7. I love the grunge look for fall and a beat-up denim jacket goes with annnything! Dress up your old jacket with an ironic patch like I did for this Mr. Kate DIY Ironic Jacket from A Hot Glue Gun Mess – one of my fave easy projects from the book! PS patches are in, check out DIY Patch Purse to get inspired to patch-ify your jacket or backpack!
8. You know all those canvas totes you have hanging around for your eco-friendly grocery bags? Did you know you can turn one into a backpack!? Sincerely, Kinsey, knows whats up! Check out her DIY Tote to Backpack tutorial!
9. If you’re a planner person you know how essential they are for keeping you organized and on track and they can be pretty too! Get some Mr. Kate BeautyMarks and dress up your planner DIY style like @jamglamplanner (on Instagram) did on hers with the gold and watercolor gems! #LOVEIT.
10. Ok, so this DIY Pineapple Drawstring Backpack by Make It and Love It is so cute for kids but I also think it would be soooo cute bigger for big people! AMIRIIIGHT?
11. Lace, pom poms, anchors, studs and lip print are all DIYs you can do to your backpacks! Check out the Mr. Kate’s DIY Backpack Bonanza!