This Halloween we’re celebrating with scrumptiously spooky drinks like this White Widow – complete with DIY spider ice cubes! The flavors are aromatic fall citrus with a hint of ginger and a smooth finish from the frothy egg whites. The White Widow is deliciously low cal as well, thanks to the Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka! Whip some of these up for your Halloween parties using the ingredients and steps below.
White Widow Cocktail with DIY Spider Ice Cube
- Large round ice cube mold
- Shaker ( We used a mason jar)
- A handful of ice-cubes to chill the drink before you serve
- Cocktail jigger or shot glass
- Plastic spiders
Ingredients (makes 1 drink):
- 1 1/2 oz Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1 oz tangerine juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz ginger ale (to add a little spice and fizz)
- 1 egg white (for the froth)
- Make your spider ice cubes the day before you plan to serve the drinks by combining water and a plastic spider in each mold and freezing in the freezer until completely solid.
- Crack an egg and remove the yolk (or you can use egg whites from a carton). Shake 2 oz of egg white in a cocktail shaker until it becomes frothy. Pour out the froth and set aside in another container.
- Rinse your cocktail shaker and combine 1 1/2 oz of Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka with your lime, tangerine juice and the simple syrup. Add a handful of ice and shake or stir your drink until it’s mixed and chilled.
- Place a spider ice cube in a glass and strain the shaken cocktail over top. Add some ginger ale and use a spoon to dollap the egg whites on top for a foamy finish.
- Serve these quickly and let you guests watch the spider escape from the ice cube as it melts! You can get creative and freeze other Halloween accessories inside the ice cubes.
Want access to insider information and discounts on Skinnygirl® Cocktails? Sign up to be a Skinnygirl® Cocktails Tastemaker here.
Thanks Skinnygirl® for sponsoring this post!