I love simple recipes. Recipes that require five ingredients or less and barely any time to prep. Especially in the summer, recipes like these are my go-to. These Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles are one of those recipes!
They are made of only five whole-food ingredients that are dairy-free and full of heathy fat from the coconut milk, omega-3 fatty acids from the chia seeds, and antioxidants from the blueberries! Since the pops are sweetened with pure maple syrup (one of my favorite low-glycemic sweeteners), they are also refined-sugar free, which means they are a much healthier option than any of their high-fructose filled counterparts.
These pops are creamy, delicious, and full of plant-based nutrients, making them the perfect way to beat the heat this summer!
Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles
(Makes 8 Servings)
1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 Tbs chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place coconut milk in a medium-size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add blueberries to a blender and blend until pureed. If using frozen berries, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to help blend if necessary.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, and chia seeds to the bowl of coconut milk and whisk until combined.
- Divide coconut milk mixture evenly between the popsicle molds and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top with berry puree, and freeze for another 30 minutes. Then insert popsicle sticks and place back in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
Notes: To remove popsicles from molds, let them sit out for just a few minutes or run under lukewarm water for a couple of seconds. You could use honey instead of maple syrup and a different berry or a blend of berries. A lower-fat coconut milk would also work, but it will result in an “icier” pop.
I hope you all enjoy these Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles!