Organization … we all crave it, we are so often eluded by it. Getting truly organized is an investment of a project! You can’t do it half way.
When we decorated Adelaine Morin’s bedroom, she leaned fully into the prospect of organization, asking for a pegboard wall to cover a portion of her room. This modular, customizable storage set up is both effective for A+ organization with a techy, workshop aesthetic, and a lot simpler to put together than you might think!
- Since the pegboard will need space behind it for the peg accessories to reach through to, the first step is to set up a grid of furring strips on the wall to later build the pegboard wall onto!
- Start with the vertical furring strips. Drill a furring strips onto each vertical sides of the wall. From there, space them out every 4 feet and drill the remaining furring strips into the studs in the wall.
- Finish out building your frame by attaching the horizontal furring strips to the wall. You can use a tape measure and hand saw to adjust the length of the horizontal pieces to fit between the vertical ones already established, but follow the same guideline of the edges of the wall and 4 foot marks.
- Once your grid is built, work from one side of the wall to the other, drilling the pegboard wall into the furring strips. Use washers for this step!
- Your pegboard wall is now assembled! Add on shelves and other accessories to customize your set up!
Thanks to Google Store for sponsoring the OMG We’re Coming Over episode with Adelaine!