- Follow the steps from this DIY to create a frame for your wood board. Use a miter box or chop saw to get 45 degree angle cuts, then secure each corner with wood glue and a staple gun. P.S. Stain the wood and give it time to dry before constructing anything!
- Attach the frame to the board by stapling around the perimeter from underneath. Not having visible staples will make your piece look so much more professional!
- When it’s fully constructed, add some creative touches by jig sawing around the edges to give it a more natural live edge effect. Sand down the edges after sawing so it isn’t rough!
- Now for more creative touches! Use the wood glue and anchor screws (if needed) to attach larger accessories like wood slices, or additional wood pieces as shelves. We cut some wood slices in half and glued them across the full wood slice to make a woodsy platform shelf!
- Glue down moss around all off your shelves, covering all visible wood on the board (except the frame, of course!)
- For an extra whimsical touch and to further highlight the crystals, string fairy lights around your display, using hot glue to keep them in place. I used these fairy lights with a remote and hid the battery packs in a little moss pouch so they could be accessible to change out the batteries when needed.
- Finally, hang your display (which you can do by adding hooks to the back, or a different method of your choice!) and fill it up with the magical crystals it was just created to show off!