Reply To: How to choose colors for the bedroom?! HELP!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate How to choose colors for the bedroom?! HELP! Reply To: How to choose colors for the bedroom?! HELP!

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Thasneem!

First of all, congrats on your wedding and new place! That is all so exciting!!

I think when you’re trying to decide what color or colors you want your space to be, there are a few things to consider: what colors are already present in the furniture or decor you have? Are you able to paint the walls? What kind of a mood are you trying to convey with the room?

While all of these factor in to your final decision, I can give you some insight about light rooms vs. dark ones!

When we designed Andrea’s bedroom for OMG We’re Coming Over, the color scheme was all whites, creams, and metallics. This brought a lot of lightness and calm into the space, while still giving it glamour and sophistication. It let the room be customizable, in case Andrea wanted to bring accent colors in.

On the other hand, when we designed Katie and Tom’s living room, we chose to have an accent wall, and some ceiling-to-floor curtains, in a deep green. This brought drama and depth to the room, and definitely anchored bolder choices in graphic art and dark colored furniture and decor.

I hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate