Reply To: How to fake natural light?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate How to fake natural light? Reply To: How to fake natural light?

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Laura!!

This is such a relatable issue! A lot of rooms have only one ceiling light and a window for light, but that leaves the room dim and not as bright and dazzling as we (and our beauty routines!) would like!

I recommend lamps. Multiple. For your makeup station, get a desk lamp that doesn’t have a dark shade and doesn’t cast light down. This will help add another source of light for your makeup and will probably be brighter than your mirror! Another option is to hang sconces on either side of the makeup area (like we did on either side of Joslyn’s bed!) because that will give you more even light, but that is a bigger investment!

Elsewhere in the room, I would add either a floor lamp or wall light. Think of the different heights of your light sources. You have the ceiling, the desk lamp, and the window, so try and find the space in between those that is missing and have their be your target height for another light source! It’s all about vertical layering!!

I hope this helps!!

XOXO,

Kate