Reply To: Hallway dilemma

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Hallway dilemma Reply To: Hallway dilemma

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Tia!

Thanks for posting!! All these pictures are super helpful, and I can tell you’ve put a lot of great thought into your hallway design! I really like where you are going, especially with the bench, the calligraphy art, and the built-in! How chic!

I would recommend a lighter color for the walls. Something as dark as that navy will make the hallway seem smaller, and not open and airy as you intend. A grey or blue are great color choices, but I would definitely opt for a lighter shade.

As for the wall at the end of the hallway — a full length mirror or macrame wall hanging could fit well into that space! The mirror would serve more function, as a place to check your OOTD one last time before you head out the door, and you can always hit up thrift stores or flea markets to find vintage mirrors with interesting frames! A macrame hanging would bring more of a modern boho vibe into the space. If the white or natural colored ones aren’t your exact vibe, check out Etsy or some other shops online, there are endless options of shapes, sizes, and colors those woven hangings come in nowadays!

Hope this helps! Best of luck finishing up your hallway! Let me know how it comes out!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team