Cultural event on budget.

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Cultural event on budget.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

vanathi thooran
    Participant

Hello Mr.Kate, I am a final year college student who is now organising a commerce cultural event with 5 others.

Our  theme is in the lines of the sea trade and competition in trade. Basically with blues and grey themed..

so I have to decorate the stage and also I want the whole place to reminisce the theme, but I am in a budget constrain and people here don’t really care about carrying out a theme or colour pallet through out. I want to show them how some small things can tie everything together and that it would give a sense of fulfilment.

what is your advice on creating a exciting place for competitions?

P.s. I love your videos. Much love.

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Vanathi!

Thanks for posting!

It sounds like you’re facing a large scale area, so because of your budget constraints, I would focus on doing something impactful with a large-scale element like fabric or a large roll of paper. You can use these to cut shapes to surround the top, or the front of the stage.

I know that photography stores sell large rolls of paper, about 6-8 feet, for not too much money. You can get a lot of decor bang out of not too many bucks with these. Then use some posterboard to make your shapes or decorations a little more sturdy, if you need.

I would just say to cover as much surface area as possible! Don’t focus on the tiny details or just one corner. If you have leftover budget after the large elements of decor are taken care of, you can have some fun with those!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.