Hey Little Misters!

Home Forums Little Misters Hey Little Misters!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Dannie Fountain
    Participant

Hey LM’s!

Have you seen Kate’s latest email? Make sure you get in on the intros here, I can’t wait to hear all about you!

As for me, I’m the Mr Kate street team leader – I help Joey, Kate, and the team keep things running smoothly with you guys. You’ve probably met Grace too – she’s helping out as well! On a bit more personal note, I’m in love with traveling the world! I’ve been to 15 countries (4 continents) and half the US so far and I’ve got a few more trips coming up in the next year (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Turkey, Italy, Greece, Turks & Caicos, the Dominican Republic, and Arizona, to start). Where do you love to adventure to?

Jenna Rabel
      Participant

Just read the email! That is so awesome that you have been to that many countries! I went on a month-long study abroad last summer to Namibia, Africa and it was amazing! We also spent some time in Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls where I bungee jumped off a bridge which I cannot wait to do again, it was so fun!! I’ve also been to Belize and Mexico ! I can’t wait to go back to Africa, but I also want to experience new countries! I have a friend stationed over in England so I want to visit Europe before his contract is up so as far as big ticket travels outside the U.S., Europe is next on my list! I just graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in Agricultural Communications & Journalism and now do marketing for an awesome real estate development company and I love coming to work every day which I am so thankful for. I have a cat, Rascal, who is my world and a hamster, Jean ValJean, who hates everyone except my boyfriend. I love dachshunds (wiener dogs) so much that I pretty much look up new breeders and rescue organizations every couple of weeks which is so not good, but I can’t help it, they’re so cute! My birthday was a few days ago on Cinco De Mayo which is always fun and I am feeling 22! I’m not sure what else to say so I’ll leave it at that!

Dannie Fountain
        Participant

Hey Jenna! Holy crap that sounds amazing!!!!!! Definitely take advantage of visiting your friend in England. My recommendation would be to travel to see him and then book all travel once you’re there (or online) through like ryanair. Waaaaaaay cheaper that way!

Zimbabwe is on my list- Victoria falls is actually on my must see list!

PS – you have a hamster named Jean ValJean, please tell me that means you love Les Mis! I absolutely adore Les Mis!

Welcome to the group <3 <3

Adan Carrasco
          Participant

Hi Little Misters

My name is Adan, I’ve been a big Mr.Kate follower for a few years now. I love the energy and talent of the Little Misters community.

A little bit about me….

Well I’m one of the only few males of this awesome group it seems LOL. I’m from Tucson Arizona. Tucson is a cute historic town that has been growing a lot in the last couple of years. I love the dessert, so it’s the perfect place for me to live. My partner lives in Phoenix Arizona, which is two hours away from Tucson so we are both constantly traveling back and forth to see each tower. We both enjoy taking small road trips around the country. We recently visited Palm Springs CA, and later this month we will be going to some small towns in Arizona,California and Nevada. My birthday is coming up next month and I can’t wait to see what I do to celebrate. He loves to surprise me, so we will see what he has under his belt.

I am currently obsessed with candles and bath bombs lol. Any good candles that you guys like? I also love having fresh flowers at home. My favorites are hydrangeas, peonies and carnations.

Dannie Fountain
            Participant

Hey Adan! Welcome 🙂
              Happy early birthday! I also love hydrangeas and peonies, but my hydrangeas only last 1-2 days (after cut) before they start to droop, any tips?

Adan Carrasco
              Participant

Thank you! ☺️

Add ice to your water everyday or you can also add a little vinager to the water. It helps keep the hydrangeas last at least a week. They are very delicate to warm temperature.

Dannie Fountain
                Participant

OOOOOH! That’s so smart! Love it! Thanks 🙂

Mr. Kate
                  Keymaster

This is great! Thank you Dannie, Jenna and Adan! Dannie I love that you love to travel, there really is no other experience like it! Jenna, you’re so cool! Agricultural communications? Sounds intriguing, what does one do with a degree like that. Happy belated birthday!
                    Adan, I love that you’re one of our only dudes, it’s a badge of honor and I feel so lucky to know you AND have hugged you in person! When is your bday? In June right? Me too! June 4th!
                    Love that we’re connecting here!

Also, Joey just updated the forums so we can upload images in our posts now! So that will really help with sharing travel photos, outfit pics, DIYs, asking interior design questions etc. !

Love you all!

xo

– kate

Dannie Fountain
                    Participant

Yay for being able to add pictures, that’s amazing! <3 <3 <3

Jenna Rabel
                      Participant

Dannie – Oh good tip, I’ll make sure to do that! I definitely need to save as much as I can! Victoria Falls is BEAUTIFUL! I went at the beginning of August which is technically winter over there (although Vic Falls wasn’t cold since it’s closer to the equator). Since it was winter, there hadn’t been as much rain fall, I would suggest going in spring or fall so its still not super hot, but the water will be a little higher. More water = more mist = more rainbows = happiness.

And yes I love Les Mis!! And Jean ValJean definitley lives up to his name, I named him that because he kept escaping from me an running away when I first got him! He did whatever it took, even falling 4+ feet to the floor! He’s a mess haha.

Jenna Rabel
                        Participant

Adan – For a candle suggestion, I know of the best candle everrrrrr and you have probably heard of it if you like Anthropologie. It’s by the brand Capri Blue and it is the Volcano candle. I’m not sure if a candle can change your life, but if so my life is so much better with this scent! Maybe I’m exaggerating, but also maybe not because it is soooo good!

Jenna Rabel
                          Participant

Kate – I think you’re cooler! So background on my degree, I had no background in Agriculture, but I really wanted to go to Texas A&M which is widely known for their College of Agriculture, the running joke is that we have two of every major, one within Liberal Arts, Engineering, etc. and one in the college of Ag haha.

Anywaysss I was going to do a graphics/animation major (a lot of who go work for Pixar!), but I wasn’t really into animation. I’m more interested in flat graphic design with logos, advertisements, etc., photography and general marketing which is what I do. So I found Ag Communications! So no Ag job for me, but I was required to take a lot of Ag classes where they brought a cow and piglets into class! A lot of my friends go do marketing or social media for agricultural based companies or magazines.

Agriculture is fascinating to learn about though!

Jenna Rabel
                            Participant

Here are a couple photos from my Animal Science class freshman year haha 🙂

Dannie Fountain
                              Participant

@Jenna love it! Thank you for all the info! 🙂 <3

Denise Olivares
                                Participant

Hey Everyone!
                                  I caught Kate’s email a while back but I’ve finally found a moment to explore the updated site!
                                  Well, my name is Denise and I’ve also followed the Mr.Kate blog for a few years now. I absolutely love the Little Misters group and am so glad to see so many familiar faces. Reading through some of your comments now and all your travels seem so wonderful, I’ve done some traveling in the US and Mexico where my parents are from. I just finished my first semester back in college after taking a couple of years off. It’s been a real adjustment but one I’ve been glad to make, I suppose I’m rediscovering myself at the moment. I know we Little Misters are cat lovers, my baby girl isn’t such a baby. Isis turned 16 years old last month, she’s been with our family since she was a few weeks old. She is super independent and is super spoiled. I’m currently on a big cinema kick right now, I took a couple film theory classes so I’ve just been watching old movies and a few obscure ones too. I’m always looking for suggestions 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.