Making the bedroom a peaceful space…

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Making the bedroom a peaceful space…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lauren Canup
    Participant

Hey Mr. Kate!

I (19F) am having some issues compromising on a bedroom with my boyfriend (22M). We’ve been together for over a year and have lived together for about 7 months. A couple months ago, we had to move in with his parents due to some financial issues. When we lived alone, I did some decor (new sheets, hung a tapestry, bought a new dresser) but we have trouble keeping it clean and clutter free (he likes to eat in the bedroom and he doesn’t clean up his dishes or clothes). Now that we’ve downgraded to a small room instead of a townhouse, the clutter is 10x worse. I know I’m partially to blame because I always have my makeup everywhere and I don’t know what to do with those “in between clothes” so I just put them in a pile. BUT I want to come home from work to a peaceful space that promotes relaxation. I feel our room is WAY too dark. (Black comforter, chocolate dresser and cabinet and a large dark desk for his 2 monitors to play games) I want to bring in some freshness and light to the space but I don’t know how. He doesn’t want white bedding because he thinks they’ll get dirty. I love white, grey, brown, blush, sky blue and any kind of greenery.

So how do I cut the clutter? How do I make it a more relaxing place? And how do I bring in my style in a way that doesn’t feel too girly? Is white bedding too terrible?

Any suggestions? I know this is long.

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Lauren!

White sheets are an easy way to immediately brighten up the bed. If you’re worried about them getting dirty, a throw blanket across the foot of the bed can prevent that. A new coat of paint, some art on the walls, and plants can also freshen up the space! You can tackle clutter by stowing things in cutter baskets and containers and clearing surfaces by adding wall shelves.

Good luck on creating your zen space!!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.