Please help!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Please help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A T
    Participant

I have a very small bedroom, and a queen bed takes up most of it! The theme I have going on is pale pink walls with pastel colored accents. My bed is white with a colorful flower pattern. I live in Canada so I don’t have access to a lot of shops America has such as target, home goods, etc. I’d like a pouf in my room but I don’t think I have the space. I’m not very pleased with my choice of wall color but my parents won’t let me buy any wallpaper to change  it. I’m been constantly on the search for the prefect large yet inexpensive canvas picture for above my bed however I’ve had no such luck finding one. Also, I find my room sort of “kiddish” age I’d like it to feel a little more modern and grown up, yet still having little pops of color. I just redid my room so I’m in a VERY low budget position if I was gonna change things. Please ANYONE help me. Anyone 🙏. Thanks so much for your advice

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey there!!

Luckily it sounds like a few swaps and or small additions could definitely get you the room you desire, without having to spend the money on a big change!!

First of all, there are so many ways to DIY some wall art for above your bed!! I had David Bromstad to the studio to give a masterclass on painting your own wall art, which is great because you are in total control of the look! But if you’d like something a little less abstract, this DIY Large-Scale Instagram Wall Art is such a great technique, also! It really brings a sophisticated touch to the room, while still being personal because of your choice of picture!!

As far as bringing in other, more mature elements, think about candles, mirrors, and vases. These are items that aren’t typically seen in younger rooms, because they don’t really serve a purpose for people that age! All of these are super easy to find in many stores (try thrift stores, too!) and come in many colors so you can bring in any bright pops you’d like!

Hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.