Father's Day

Home Forums Adventures in DIYing Father's Day

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sarah_Coria
    Participant

Hi everyone! πŸ€— What kinds of gifts are y’all doing for Father’s Day? I saw a small putting green at a store that I thought could easily be DIY’ed using some plywood, tools, putting green grass… But then I saw how expensive putting green grass is. 😩 Anyone have any suggestions?

Jacqueline Clark
      Participant

I have always wanted to try wood burning, and thought with Father’s Day around the corner that might be a fun project to take on. My husband is into craft beer so I have also been on the hunt for wooden bar taps πŸ˜‰

Sarah_Coria
        Participant

What a cool idea, Jacqueline!!! That would be an awesome present for anyone!!! πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒ

Mr. Kate
          Keymaster

I know Father’s Day is a tough one for DIYs! I always think something that involves photos of you two together or family items that can be displayed in an office or on a bedside table or something is good. The putting green is a really cute idea! What if you made like a putting green set of coasters or something? Like little bits of faux turf on round coasters? Or you could do the wood transfer technique we did in this post:Β http://mrkate.com/2015/06/02/wood-photo-transfer/Β with photos in color of famous golf locations or something cute.

Or some kind of handwritten quote in a frame that says, “kick putt dad!” He could put it on his wall and it’s funny and handmade.

We have a DIY embroidered tie coming out this week which is cool and minimalist. I’ll update with the link when it comes out!

Let us know what you do!!! Can’t wait to see and YAY for posting on the forums! Thanks so much for sharing Sarah!

xo

Sarah_Coria
            Participant

Awesomeeeee ideas!! I love the quote idea!! Thank you!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.