Work With Us
Mr. Kate Studios is an omnimedia lifestyle company based in Los Angeles, California making life fun and beautiful one creative project at a time. We produce home, style and beauty content and products including daily multimedia content for digital platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. . .) as well as operate a product line of style and design accessories that are sold via our various e-commerce channels and wholesale accounts. We are all about creating quirky, beautiful, fun and inspiring lives for everyone within our team and for everyone who consumes our content and products.
If you think working at Mr. Kate would be your ultimate dream job, check out the various openings below!
Seasonal Shipping Associate at Mr. Kate
Internships at Mr. Kate
Our internships provide an opportunity to learn directly within a small and fast paced team of highly creative and skilled individuals with plenty of opportunity for hands-on experience. Please see the various open internship positions below:
Our ideal intern has a desire to learn within a fast paced multi-faceted media company. We create awesome content and awesome products, so every task you can imagine falling under those two worlds happens at Mr. Kate Studios. A general internship may provide hands on opportunities across content production, product development and management, business development and management, as well as general administrative and office tasks.
ART DEPARTMENT/INTERIOR DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Our ideal art department/interior design intern has a knowledge and desire to learn more in the field of art production, art direction, DIY projects and interior design. Internship may provide hands on opportunities alongside our art department with creative duties ranging from small scale DIY projects to full scale interior design projects including all stages of the interior design process from measuring and floor planning, budgeting, buying and implementation.
Our ideal marketing intern has a knowledge and desire to learn more in the field of digital marketing and business development. Internship may provide hands on opportunities with social media marketing, market research, analytics, marketing campaigns, business development, strategy, branding, live event activations, mailing list outreach and optimization, budgeting, promotional/marketing calendars, as well as general business administration and office tasks.
MEDIA PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP
Our ideal media production intern has a knowledge and desire to learn more in the field of multimedia production. Internship may provide hands on opportunities in content ideation, market research, all stages of production including on-set experience, editing, digital platforms, data management, video and photo software, production equipment, as well as general content administrative and office tasks.
Our ideal product intern has a knowledge and desire to learn more in the field of consumer products. Internship may provide hands on opportunities in product development, design, sourcing, manufacturing, e-commerce management, wholesale management, order fulfillment, customer service as well as general administrative and office tasks.
Eager to jump into a team of fast, productive, and creative thinkers.
Open to all ideas and an outside of the box thinker.
Have a desire to learn through hands on experience across the many different tasks that go into running and growing an omnimedia lifestyle brand.
REQUIREMENTS *(exceptions may be made if you do not qualify for either of the above requirements but you must include in your email to us that you are unable to meet one or both of those requirements so that we are aware of that when considering your application).
- full or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- able to gain school credit through internship coursework
- this is not a paid internship (*unless you are unable to get school credit – please see note above in requirements).
- the internship is created to benefit the intern, first and foremost
- you are not guaranteed a job at the end of the internship
Please email us your resume and tell us about yourself and why you would like this internship, what you look to gain from the internship, when you would be able to start you internship and when it would end, what your academic requirements are for the internship (*please see note above under requirements) and and why you think we should consider you the perfect fit for the internship. Please make sure the subject line is “Applying for (insert internship category) via Craigslist”. We look forward to e-meeting you!
Video Editor at Mr. Kate
Assistant Editor at Mr. Kate
- Act as the DIT on set to grab the footage as it comes in and organize it
- Clone and backup all footage as it comes in
- Prepare footage from the backup drive to a work drive for editors
- Sync all audio into a master sync sequence
- Pull selects
- Locating any footage or assets as needed from Editors
- General tasks as outlined by editors
Position would a combination of on-set and in office work. Candidate must have reliable transportation. Candidate ideally has a Macbook Pro and experience working with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom. Any additional editing experience, and on-set experience is a major plus. Please send resumes along with a brief run down of why you would like the job, your most competitive hourly rate and any samples of work you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Editor for Mr. Kate via mrkate.com”. (emails without this subject line will be ignored).
Product Manager at Mr. Kate
We are a small team growing quickly and are looking for an exceptionally organized and experienced individual to come join our company full-time as a Product Manager to help us manage our current lines, and expand into new areas.
- Product line management and R&D for future products
- Analyze trends, the marketplace, and the competitive landscape to inform decisions about product development, pricing, etc…
- Identify areas for product expansion
- Meet with head designer and supervise spec sheets
- Submit spec sheets to factory and manage communication until product is finalized
- Create PO’s and manage payments
- Manage and optimize inventory
- Negotiate pricing and develop/optimize overall pricing strategies
- QA for existing lines
- Optimize expenses and meet pricing and margin goals
- Manage product packaging and marketing collateral
- Optimize fulfilment strategies and costs
- Daily communication with manufacturers, periodic site visits (including international), price negotiations, audits, etc…
- Manage customer service experience
- Manage shipping coordinator
- Manage product related office supplies
- Communicate with wholesale accounts/offline customers
- Assist in all product related marketing activities
- Identify areas to improve wholesale and retail initiatives
- Manage and optimize returns and exchange process
- Develop training materials for support staff, shipping dept, factories, etc..
- Maintain all appropriate paperwork with all vendors, contractors, etc…
- Be aware of and implement all domestic and international product requirements (safety, materials used, labeling requirements, etc…)
- Assist in preparing all marketing materials for new product launches.
- Meet with management on a regular basis and provide updates, insights and analytics.
- Attend trade shows
- Manage e-commerce listings, inventory levels, etc..
- Manage communications and deliverables for wholesale and drop-ship agreements, etc…
- Plan staffing needs for product department
- General support to the COO and CEO
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- The desire to grow a career within a small but quickly growing lifestyle company
- The desire to set personal goals and over-deliver
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Desire to work with a small team
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and wear multiple hats
- An enthusiasm for beauty, style and home content and products
- Previous experience in stylish lifestyle based products (ie. jewelry, clothing, beauty products, home goods, etc…)
- An understanding of millennial buying desires, trends and habits.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Incredible organizational skills.
- Impeccable communication skills and ability to manage other people when necessary.
- Enthusiastic self-starter mentality – good with direction, but also able to formulate plans and ideas with no outside input.
- Deep desire to know everything there is to know about the home, fashion and beauty space
- Ability to work independently and take feedback constructively.
- A high bar of excellence
- Ability to work very quickly and efficiently
- Willingness/eagerness to work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Ability to think big and be a team player
- College degree, preferably with a concentration relating to the world of products/business.
- 2+ years professional product related experience (ie.: product development, product marketing, product management, fabrication, etc…).
- Great computer skills (excel, google sheets, Adobe Creative Suite, E-comm software, analytics software, etc..)
- Great organizational skills.
- Great Communication skills.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week in office (Pico/Fairfax area)
Position is full-time. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Candidate should submit a cover letter including why they are the perfect candidate for the job, a resume with previous education and employment history (including hourly rates or salaries of previous employment), all applicable skills you possess for the position, references that we may reach out to, and any links or attachments of previous product work if you have any. Please make the subject line of your application: “Applying for Product Manager via mrkate.com”. Any submissions without this subject line will be ignored.
Thank you so much, and we look forward to reviewing your submission!
Product Sales Representative at Mr. Kate
Graphic Designer at Mr. Kate
If you don’t see an opening that fits you, but you have a specialty you think you could bring to the Mr. Kate team, you can shoot us an email with your resume and how you’d like to contribute to Mr. Kate at email@example.com. We are always looking for new fun people to work with!