I have too much furniture!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate I have too much furniture!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kristen Hall
    Participant

Help! I have a super small bedroom that I want to work for me but also look great and right now it’s doing neither. I have loads of big furniture that are all different colours and textures and there is absolutely no colour scheme. I have a twin sized bed with a dark wood head board, a tall, bright white dresser, a medium toned (by this I mean it’s not quite as dark as my head board but still quite dark) wood chest, a (right now; I might paint it) bubble gum pink desk, and a really tall white bookcase. All of the trim work and my door is a dark wood as well. I really want to make my room look good but everything just looks very mismatched and cluttered. I have loads of books and art supplies laying everywhere, but I just don’t know what to do with it all. Help!

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Kristen!

I would examine which pieces of furniture you really need and get rid of the excess. Cleaning and clearing the room of clutter is a great was to see what you really have and the full potential of everything!

Once you’re ready to make those decisions, I think the existing dark wood could look really pretty with a light color palette. Make it work for you!

Hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.