Reply To: How would you style Business Casual to Business Chic?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate How would you style Business Casual to Business Chic? Reply To: How would you style Business Casual to Business Chic?

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Barbara!

This is so exciting! Internships are a great way to dip your toe into the professional world, and definitely the time to explore what your business style will be!

I agree with Denise that it’s all about balance and picking one piece to pop while the others play a little more by the rules. I actually demonstrated this advice in a blog post about styling quirky business outfits! We also made a moodboard a few months ago all about playing up nontraditional suit styles, like a shorts suit or a skirt suit (the latter of which is probably more appropriate for your internship!)

I think another cool idea to bring some you into the your office attire is to DIY a blazer!! I’ve upcycled blazers before using splatter paint, pretty patterned stencils, and, for an edgy twist, safety pins!!

I hope this can help inspire you!! Make sure to post some of your business OOTDs to the Style Forum!!

XOXO,
    Kate