Reply To: I'm a ____ Mess!!

Home Forums Little Misters I'm a ____ Mess!! Reply To: I'm a ____ Mess!!

Brittany Smith
Participant

I was planning to log in today and write about how I’m a flea market mess, or a Re-purposing mess, but my heart isn’t in it. So here goes…

Today I’m a disheartened mess.

Does anyone else find it so difficult to remain hopeful and happy when the world is so full of hatred and violence? The Pulse shooting has brought about so many arguments on my Facebook feed, so much homophobia, islamaphobia, and just plain nastiness. I know none of the victims. I have no close relations who identify with the LBGTQ community, but I can’t stop crying. This has a severe impact on my world. My future children’s world. I wish everyone were more understanding and loving. I’m doing my best to spend my birthday (today) being happy and grateful for the things I’m lucky enough to have but it is hard when i remember the 49 people who will never celebrate another birthday – and all because they spent a night out celebrating who they are and being proud and free. I’m making a point to look for the good people – those posting message to social media in solidarity, voting to uphold the rights of the LBGTQ community, and donating blood or money to support the victims. Look for the good ones! Sometimes it seems like they are outnumbered, but they are out there! Love to you all <3