Reply To: Light Blue Walls?!?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Light Blue Walls?!? Reply To: Light Blue Walls?!?

Spandana Vajrala
Participant

Hi Alexa!

I’m a little mister like you, who loves to follow everybody’s q&a to learn from the team. I personally love light baby blue! It’s such a pleasant color which has color and neutral vibe. It’s great that you have light blue walls. But I think it’s better not to over-do our favorite color in a room. So, to keep it more neutral, I think adding light blush pink (Mr.Kate’s fave) and tan/grey/white to the color palette, depending on whether you want to keep your room cool toned or warm toned, is a good idea. I wouldn’t add more blue to the room. Have you seen Mr.Kate’s video on 3 ways to decorate a dorm room?

I think you can get a lot of inspiration from it.  Have you looked into removable wallpapers? They are a great alternative if you can’t paint your room. You can choose an accent wall and fill with wallpaper. Make a gallery wall with metallic frames to hide some more blue. Add more metallics of your choice as accent pieces. Here are some pictures that might inspire you a little bit. 🙂 Keep us posted!

Neutral bedroom with blue wallsBlue walls