Reply To: Decorating My First (TINY) Apartment

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Decorating My First (TINY) Apartment Reply To: Decorating My First (TINY) Apartment

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Kayla!

Thanks for reaching out, glad we could brighten your days! Great floor plan and mood boards!! I’m so impressed!!

I notice that all of your inspiration photos have white walls, which can be a way to mesh the spaces — with all white walls, then bringing colored accents in through pillows, wall art, shelf and table accessories in the living room and kitchen. Even though you think you’re working with two distinct different styles, they’re actually friendly! The clean and bright style complements the more boho vibes. Try working some of the bright colors into the boho space in either accents or in lighter, more washed out tones to create a relationship between the two spaces!

A good example is the living room of our lovely contributor, Natalie! She created a beautiful, eclectic bohemian space. I especially love her aqua chaise as an example of getting those colors into a boho room. Good luck let us know how it comes out!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team