Reply To: Dining Table HELP!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Dining Table HELP! Reply To: Dining Table HELP!

Mr. Kate
Keymaster

Hey Alexa,

Thanks for posting!! I’m so excited for your new home adventures and you clearly already have so much planned! It’s going to look amazing!!

I love those chairs you’ve selected, they’re so sleek yet fun! I have a round kitchen table at home, in a smaller, angular area of the home like your table will be in, and the circular shape is great! I like it because it gives the room a lot of space, which, if you opt for the oval table, is something I would keep in mind, as it could push you closer to the walls on either end.

An oval table will have two sides with pretty straight lines, so if you do decide on that shape, consider a table cloth or runner to bring some draping and softness into play.

As far as the table itself, I would opt for something that really grounds the space. The kitchen table is the heart of that room, it’s where everyone gathers, so it should have a certain gravitas to it. That’s not to say that you need to go find a big, heavy piece of furniture! Just opt for something with a presence that can ground the sleeker and lighter kitchen chairs you’ve picked out. This pin, from my Places and Spaces Pinterest board, is a good example of that type of table/ chair dynamic!

It really sounds like you have great instincts for this kitchen already, so good luck and keep me updated on how it turns out!

XOXO

Mr. Kate & Team