Anything I should add to my dull looking room?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Anything I should add to my dull looking room?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Athziry Martinez
    Participant

My room is currently a bit messy since I am in the middle of renovating it. I have my walls painted a light orange-ish color, most of the furniture (dressers, closets, desk) is white I like the way it looks I just don’t know what type of decor I should add. I have a high ceiling, wood floors, a long rectangular window in the middle of one of my walls with no curtain yet. Any sort of color or things I can add to my room to make it feel more natural, should I add any green colors any throw pillows my room also has a space that nothing fits in (any furniture) since its a bit elevated and not that big but should I add a mural or paintings?

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Athziry,

Thanks for posting!! It sounds like your room has a lot of potential to be decorated in many different styles. It’s a blank (well, light orange) slate, if you will!

I don’t know if I would recommend green to be your accent color, judging off the orange-hued walls. Maybe a deep green or emerald/ teal tone if green is your favorite color! I would also recommend looking at muted pinks, wood and natural tones, metallics like silver and gold, or maybe going opposite on the color wheel with a blue tone!

I would also add curtains to your window, and wall art for sure! If you have the space for a mural, they are always a fun statement!

Hope this helps! Good luck decorating!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.