Awkward and Odd Shaped Bedroom

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Awkward and Odd Shaped Bedroom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Claire Willoughby
    Participant

Mr. Kate, I need your help!

I have a very large but awkward shaped bedroom that is a total mess! When I first moved into the house I was around eight and fell in love with the purple colour of my upstairs bedroom, it is quite a similar colour to mylifeasevas bedroom before it was repainted. Its now not so attractive, and I have way to much furniture in there, plus its in a very awkward shaped.  I have a length deep alcove with my only window, and a longer rectangle shaped room with a four door wardrobe across the end opposite to the window. I have two tall bookshelves that i hate, a chest of drawers with a bolted to the wall wall unit, a double bed and one bedside table. I dont know where to begin to redo my room, its such an awkward shaped room where nothing looks good where it is. If it helps i could do a digital layout of my bedroom.  Claire:)

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Claire!!

It sounds like a digital layout would be a great tool, even just for you to use.

If you really dislike some of your furniture, you should get rid of it. I also thing the bookshelves could go — those aren’t really an essential item in a bedroom.

Once you’ve cleared the room of unwanted items or clutter, grab a friend or two and play around with moving the furniture to different spots to create a better flow in the space. Sometimes you need to experiment to find the perfect solution! The first try might not work, but keep going until you’re happy.

If you liked the design of Eva’s room, freshen up your walls with a white or taupe color! But I would recommend keeping the rest of the colors in your room muted for a more mature look.

Good luck!!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.