Bedroom furniture update

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Bedroom furniture update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cristal Imperial
    Participant

Hi Mr.Kate.

I’ve had this furniture for some time now and im so over the dark brown and silver. Thinking of going for an all white, with maybe black replacing the silver. I’ve never painted furniture so I don’t know where to start. I don’t know if I should sand it, I don’t know what kind of paint or primer to use or if there’s a paint where I don’t even need to do any of the above that would be great. Also im so over this  spaced out of sticks over the mirror and my bed head bord (they match) and I’ve been wanting to replace them with something else but don’t know what. Any recommendations?

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Cristal,

Thanks for posting!! Your idea sounds really refreshing and cute and fortunately, repainting furniture is very doable!! In an episode of UpCycl’d, I sand off the black finish of a sideboard and repaint it to give it a brand new white look. I think the video and corresponding DIY steps will really help you! Check it out here!

As far as the sticks you’re referencing, are they what are pictured above? Those seem to be part of the design of the furniture so I’m not sure there is much you can do! Once you repaint the piece, you may feel differently about them!! That negative space could also be a cute place to string some twinkle lights, if those are your thing!

Hope this helps! Have fun!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.