Being a Freckle

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Being a Freckle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SirMadam
    Participant

I would describe myself as a freckle. kind of warped not really identifying or consigning myself to one specific shape or color but just there.  Freckles can be pretty or may seem misplaced or even forgotten. How do I “evolve” from this freckle dilemma and turn into a beauty mark? I love funky or quirky things that most would not bat an eye at but can’t seem to incorporate it into who I am or appear to be. How do I rest the civil war brewing in me of one side mainstream concepts and trends when really I don’t see them as appealing or “cute”.  When really I want to wear star stickers and glitter on my face accompanied white knee high socks and huge hair bows donning fluff balls in the center. The hardest time comes (I know first world problems) is school or just the public. I can fantasize and see visions of spectacularity but it crumbles when I face the prying eyes of others. How do I find what I really want and incorporate it into me?  Thanks, Kate! Even if you don’t see this.

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey there!

Thanks for posting!! I love your analogy and believe in your BeautyMark-ness!! When I created the Freckles BeautyMarks, and then the Color Freckles BeautyMarks after them, they were a way of celebrating the natural beauty of freckles. An enhancement for people who already had them or a way to get in on the fun for those who didn’t.

So, likewise, I think you should really act and dress and live your life as a celebration of who you are. You are clearly creative and thoughtful and unique, and all of those things make you special and shouldn’t be hidden away or compromised. I understand the nervousness that could come from wearing your favorite looks out in public, but this is coming from the girl who has been dressing crazy since I was a kid! If you haven’t read A Hot Glue Gun Mess, I think a few of the stories in there could be helpful for you to embrace your own way of dressing. (Not to mention DIYs to make even more cute looks!)

My parting advice to you is that you are already a BeautyMark!! Don’t dress for other people, or spend too much time thinking about what they perceive you as. You don’t judge them for not wearing stickers on their face or fun hair accessories, so why should you let these people who are prone to expressing themselves differently impact how you show your shine? You’ll have more fun being who you want to be, and everyone will notice that!!

Have fun with your style!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.