Finishing Touches

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Finishing Touches

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Levi Robinson
    Participant

Hi Kate

I’ve been working on my bedroom for a while and I just can’t get it right. I think I’ve finally got the furniture where I want but the only think is it’s just missing something to make it feel finished. I have a white desk and shelf from IKEA with light teal minty blue color on my walls. The floor and doors are dark wood. I was thinking about dark blue bedding and maybe a dark blue tapestry with gold accents. I also was thinking about putting some floating shelves above my IKEA shelf but I would really love your input on what to add or change to make it feel inviting and comfortable.

Ps I love your videos and your super inspiring

-Levi

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Levi!

It sounds like you have great design instincts!

It’s great that you’re thinking about things for the wall as well, since it’s important to bring the eye up in a room. I’m a very big fan of floating shelves, so I would encourage you to follow that idea!

As far as adding or changing, I would say that your color palette sounds beautiful (I love the mix of blues you’re talking about), but try bringing in white, wood tones, or grey to balance out the shades of blue. Kind of like in Lilly’s bedroom, where we mixed the light grey wall and the grey bedding with the pink, yellow, and purple to keep it grounded.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.