Hallway dilemma

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Hallway dilemma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tahiya Shidaad
    Participant

Hi Mr Kate,let me just first start off  by saying a big thank you to you and your team for providing us non professional interior designers information on how to tackle interior design in our own homes.i have watched all your interior design videos numerous number of times and find them to be very helpful.i only discovered through your Snapchat recently that we can send questions of our interior design dilemma’s.

I moved into my two bedroom apartment two years ago and it’s slowly coming together.My issue is the hallway and what paint colour to go with.There is no window in the hallway so the only source of natural light that comes in is when the doors are opened.I have included pictures of both when the doors are opened and closed so as to get a feel of how it looks.

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="374"]Hallway Hallway with doors opened.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="374"]Hallway View from the front door when doors are opened.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="374"]Hallway Hallway with lights on but doors closed.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="374"]Hallway View from the front door when lights are on and doors are closed.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="374"]Hallway Alcove infront of the front door in the hallway.[/caption]

<div class=”mceTemp”>

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="286"]Hallway Decorative tile in the hallway.[/caption]

</div>
      I intend to get a custom built wardrobe with mirrored doors for the alcove in the hallway. Next to it,which is the wall opposite the radiator I plan to put a bench for sitting to take off and put on shoes.Above the bench I will put a rectangular framed calligraphy art.

The colour I was thinking of for the wall was dark blue as I have seen pictures of it in rooms where there is alot of white and I liked it. Not sure if it will go as you can see there is gray and red in the decorative tile on the floor in the hallway.I plan on adding blue in my living room and dining room so I thought it might work.

Sorry in advance for the detailed message it’s just I wanted to give you a picture of what I was thinking to do with the space.

Thanking you in advance Tia.😘

Tahiya Shidaad
      Participant

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="286"]Bench Bench style for the hallway.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="286"]Bench Bench style for the hallway.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="286"]Paint colour Dark blue paint colour on the wall for the hallway.[/caption]

<div class=”mceTemp”>

Paint colourGray paint colour for the hallway.

</div>
        I forgot to include these pictures in my original hallway dilemma question.

The benches are the style of benches I wanted to get for the hallway.The picture of the dark blue hallway was the colour I was thinking of going with. The other option I was thinking of was gray.I already have a gray sofa,gray dinning chairs,all stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. I was thinking of painting the living room, dinning room and kitchen gray as it’s open concept and you can see into all three spaces.

Thanks again.Tia😘

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.