I NEED HELP WITH BEDROOM PAINT & DECOR!!!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate I NEED HELP WITH BEDROOM PAINT & DECOR!!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Thasneem Muzafar
    Participant

Hey Kate,

Lemme start by telling how big a fan I am of yours. You inspire in many ways. I have been obsessed with your Youtube channel ever since i found out a year back. Now I need your expert opinion and suggestion.

So I am moving in to a new house next month. I need your help to decorate my bedroom if possible. I have a Dark Walnut Color wood bed and dresser . I am having a hard time choosing the right paint color. I like soft(light) colors. It is really confusing to choose a color that compliments my bed color since it is pretty dark. I like some modern decoration. Also. I like to add a pop of color with the decor as well. I don’t know which color combination will work. Like the color of rug, bedding, curtain,little accents etc. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Thank you in advance.

Lots of love from Dubai

Thas

P.S: I have attached a pic of a bed which is the same color as mine.Also the pic of my room. For reference.

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Thasneem!

Thanks for posting! Whats great about what you this room and the furniture that you have is that you truly have a lot of freedom. Since the walls are white and the furniture a neutral dark brown, you aren’t tied to any pre-existing color or scheme when decorating.

These two pictures are from my Places & Spaces Pinterest board, where I have saved a lot of rooms that I find inspiring. You’ll see that both feature a brown wood bed, but one opts for a more calm, gray and neutral palette, and the other brings in more pops of colors.

This room reminds me a lot of the room we designed for MyLifeAsEva, which also had a wood bed and minimalist, cool toned palette. This shows you the option of having a painted wall, and also a carpet. I love rugs in rooms, but especially bedrooms to help bring that cozy feeling.

This room, on the other hand, uses the same base of a brown wood bed and incorporates pops of color and other wood elements to create a brighter look. Even though there is a small sheepskin rug here, a bare floor also can look good if you want to go more modern!

I hope these pictures can help inspire you to find the aesthetic you’re going for in your room! Have fun decorating!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.